cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mccoskey
Community Participant

Assignments

Jump to solution

I want to make an assignment to all my classes.  Is there a way to send the same assignment to all my classes at once?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @mccoskey ​...

Not really.  The easiest way to do this is to create your assignment in course "A", and then use the Import Tool to import (copy) the assignment to your other courses ("B", "C", "D", etc.)  How do I import content from another Canvas course?

The other way, which is a bit more complicated, would be to use Canvas Commons if you have it enabled at your school.  You could create your assignment in course "A" and then share that assignment just to yourself in Commons.  Then, you could import the assignment from Commons into your other courses.  The nice thing about this is that if you need to make a change to the details of the assignment in course "A", you can push that change out to the other courses via Commons without having to log into each one and make the same change over and over again.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @mccoskey ​...

Not really.  The easiest way to do this is to create your assignment in course "A", and then use the Import Tool to import (copy) the assignment to your other courses ("B", "C", "D", etc.)  How do I import content from another Canvas course?

The other way, which is a bit more complicated, would be to use Canvas Commons if you have it enabled at your school.  You could create your assignment in course "A" and then share that assignment just to yourself in Commons.  Then, you could import the assignment from Commons into your other courses.  The nice thing about this is that if you need to make a change to the details of the assignment in course "A", you can push that change out to the other courses via Commons without having to log into each one and make the same change over and over again.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mccoskey ​, unfortunately no, you can't do this. You could create it in one course and upload it to Canvas Commons​ and then download it to your other courses. Or, you could create it in one course and then import it into the other courses - How do I import content from another Canvas course?​ The last option (and probably the easiest) is to just copy and past the content into a new assignment in each course.