Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sara_samples1
Community Participant

Attaching outcomes to QUESTION BANKS in quiz.next

Attaching outcomes to QUESTION BANKS in quiz.next

Hello,

I am slowly trying to bring my old style question banks over into quiz.next.  However, I am having an issue with migrating outcomes.  It appears that I will have to manually attach outcomes to each question within my banks.  This is cumbersome at best, and made nearly impossible by the fact that there are about 4000 (3,938 to be precise) outcomes available in our districts "institution" bank of outcomes, so it takes a thousand years to load each time and another hundred years to locate the outcome I need. Yes, I'm exaggerating a bit, but even if I do literally nothing else between right now and Tuesday, when I have to administer a Unit Test, I'm not going to be able to get outcomes attached to all my questions in time. 

Any suggestions?  Other than attaching the outcomes to the test as a whole, because then I might as well not attach outcomes at all since it will not produce useful data. 

SJS

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @sara_samples ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting here unanswered for such a long time.  I wanted to check in with you to see if you've been able to come up with a solution on your own?  Or, are you still looking for some help from members of the Community?  Could you please come back to this topic to provide us with an update?  I am going to share your question with the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/quizzes here in the Community in hopes that your question will get some additional exposure.  If you are not yet following this group, please use the link that I have provided, and then click on the "Follow" button at the top right corner of the page.  Also, there's an "Actions" button near the "Follow" button.  Click "Actions" and then "Join group".  Finally, I wanted to let you know that I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've really found an answer for you...but more because we haven't heard back from you in over five months, and I'm hoping that you've been able to find a solution.  This won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic, however.  I hope that's alright with you, Sara.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

sara_samples1
Community Participant

There is still no way to attach an outcome to multiple questions, but at least now I can just look at the outcomes for my specific class.