cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpadmin

Attendance Tool changing previous entries

Has anybody had a faculty using the attendance tool and after they enter in attendance for a single day, the previous attendance entries are changed?  I have one faculty member that this happened to last spring semester and it has happened again to the same faculty member this fall semester.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Is it only happening to this faculty member? Is this faculty member the only Instructor who has access to the course? In general for something like this unless you have more than one Instructor experiencing the issue it is often user error.

She is the only teacher.  Another faculty from another area at PSU had this happen to them last spring.  We are thinking user error but just can replicate it or figure out how to.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

My next recommendation is to contact Canvas Support and see if they can tell what's going on. In the past when we've had strange stuff like this happen Canvas support has been able to tell us if the Instructor went back in and clicked on something after the fact, etc.

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello dpadmin​...

I wanted to check in with you since there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since September 21st.  Did the responses from  @kona ​ help to answer your question?  For now, I am going to mark this question as "Assumed Answered", but this won't prevent you or others from adding additional comments/questions to this thread.  Please go ahead and mark one of Kona's answers as "Correct" if you want, too, if you feel that one of her responses helped answer your question.  Thanks Donna!