Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aconway

Attendance assignment question (Not found in Canvas resources)

Jump to solution

Sigh. Regrettably, I changed the name of my Attendance assignment (which I now know is a no-no) and so now my students' grades are all at 0%. Is there any way to fix this problem so that their attendance grades reflect what's in the roll cal attendance report?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@aconway , as you take attendance the next time it should create a new assignment called "Roll Call Attendance" and should have the correct grade in the gradebook. You can then delete the old (original) Attendance assignment that you renamed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@aconway , as you take attendance the next time it should create a new assignment called "Roll Call Attendance" and should have the correct grade in the gradebook. You can then delete the old (original) Attendance assignment that you renamed.

Hello,

What I believe happened is that I renamed the module Roll Call Attendance (RCA) was under, or I moved RCA to another, new module and now the students' grade reflect 0%. So, I can still receive a RCA report that accurately reflects the students' attendance, but it is not transferring to a representative grade in the Grades section. I took attendance this morning through RCA and nothing changed. Is there something else I can do?

Thank you,

April

April Conway, PhD

Department of English

General Studies Writing Program

Bowling Green State University

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

You can try deleting it completely and then take attendance again and it should re-create itself with the correct grade. If you don't feel comfortable doing this you could also contact Canvas Support and ask for help (Help link in Canvas --> Report a Problem).