cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garciah
Community Champion

Attendance (roll call) not showing list of students to instuctor

Jump to solution

I have an instructor who is using roll call for the first time and can't view his students in the tool. I have admin privileges, and I can see them. When masquerading as him, I too, was unable to see his students. I can't seem to figure this one out as I have other faculty using this tool without this problem. Has anyone experienced this issue? Do you have any idea what's going on? Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 Solution
abunag
Community Champion

That's odd...  Are they connecting to Role Call and seeing the correct window, with just no students listed?

First I'd check the user's role, that they're listed as Teacher (or a role based on the Teacher role).  If they're listed as TA or something it may not be working right.  Next I'd check the sections - are they in the same section as the students?  It could be the teacher was added with a restriction to just their own section.

If that doesn't resolve it, and you've seen it both on your computer and his (to eliminate caching/browser/whatever) then it's time for a support ticket.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
abunag
Community Champion

That's odd...  Are they connecting to Role Call and seeing the correct window, with just no students listed?

First I'd check the user's role, that they're listed as Teacher (or a role based on the Teacher role).  If they're listed as TA or something it may not be working right.  Next I'd check the sections - are they in the same section as the students?  It could be the teacher was added with a restriction to just their own section.

If that doesn't resolve it, and you've seen it both on your computer and his (to eliminate caching/browser/whatever) then it's time for a support ticket.

garciah
Community Champion

Thanks  @abunag ‌! The instructor was in a different section, so I added him to the section with all of the students, although there was no restriction on the sections preventing them from interacting with one another. This didn't seem to work immediately, but when I checked a couple of hours later it was working. Maybe it was a cache issue...not sure, but it's working now. Thanks for the advice!