Attendance tool is leaving out a student when I select "Mark All Present"

Jump to solution
owillingham
Community Member

I am using the Attendance tool, and selecting Mark All Present for the class. One student (and only that student) is consistently left out as absent. I have looked at their profile, course, and section enrollment as an admin and all appears to be consistent with the other students.

Why would the Attendance tool be differentiating her out?

Finally, after marking her as present in every conceivable way, multiple times each way (and refreshing the page after each method), FINALLY she is listed as present. I have no idea what finally worked because I tried each method several times.

I do need this fixed OR a strategy to prevent it from happening as it is not efficient for our professors to be wrangling the system for 20 minutes over 1 student.

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Naomi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @owillingham,

Just to clarify, does the student's name display on the roll call list view or class view? If not, they may need to be added for the "Mark all present" button to include them. If they are included in the roll call list and are still not marked as present when the "Mark all present" button is used, I'd recommend reaching out to Canvas Support as they can view your specific course and investigate why this is occurring just for that student. 

Naomi

View solution in original post