cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdonaldson
Community Member

Automatic Approval of Profile Pictures

Jump to solution

I am spending a lot of time approving profile pictures.  Is there some way to make this automatic?  I read the guides and searched for settings, but cannot find anything.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@bdonaldson ​, as long as you have enabled the checkbox for User Avatars under Features in the account settings, whatever profile pictures your users choose to upload to their profiles will be automatically approved, per the guide How do I manage profile pictures for users in an account?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@bdonaldson ​, as long as you have enabled the checkbox for User Avatars under Features in the account settings, whatever profile pictures your users choose to upload to their profiles will be automatically approved, per the guide How do I manage profile pictures for users in an account?

View solution in original post

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

In the first paragraph of this document - How do I manage profile pictures for users in an account? - it states that, "Profile pictures are public and automatically approved when users upload an image in their settings."

This has been my experience in that I'm the Canvas Admin at our Institution and never need to approve profile pictures. I think what you are seeing is that you can go through and approve or not approve profile pictures, but you don't have to for them to show up for students.

bdonaldson
Community Member

OK.  I guess I was fooled with the long list of "Submitted" profile pictures and the option to "Approve" them.  It would be nice of the text could be changed from "Submitted" to "New" or something that does not imply "Submitted to someone for some action".

I agree that the wording is definitely confusing!

fosterl
Community Contributor

I agree that it's confusing, and I still have to go and approved reported pictures. I think the behaviour is that the person who reported the picture no longer sees it, until I approve it again. Every once in a while, we get someone opening a support ticket because they accidentally reported a picture, and they're concerned that the user will get in trouble.