Top Navigation menu under construction from 9:30am to 4:30pm MDT. For more information or tips for finding Community content, click here.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilana
Community Contributor

Automatic mark of complete of assignment submission

Is there a way for Canvas to acknowledge when an assignment has been submitted and automatically mark it as complete?

I have looked into default marking but from my understanding, this would mean that the lecturer still needs to go to gradebook and set the default mark after all submissions are in.

5 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ilana ,

Unfortunately, the answer to this is no.  This does sound like it could be a nice feature request though.  I would recommend adding it here https://community.canvaslms.com/community/ideas .

Robbie

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ilana ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

Wait, wait, this is hugely important and a problematically missing feature, especially for big classes. Please don't mark it as closed, as this is one of the first things that comes up in a Google search. Closing the question closes some of the conversation without ever providing an answer (or workaround, really, since the initial response is that this feature is somehow missing).

Hi Brad,

Just a little clarification on different content types here in the Community; a Feature Idea in Canvas Studio is designed for people to share a specific idea on how the user experience in Canvas could be improved.  People submit ideas and other people can vote them up or down and comment on them.  Discussions are intended for open ended conversations without a definite answer and often without clearly defined goal.  Questions, on the other hand, are appropriate for when someone has a question that can be answered definitively such as this one - 'Canvas do X?' which in this case is unfortunately no...  Marking the question as answered as Robbie did doesn't end commenting on it.  It just means that people who focus on getting questions answered can move on to other questions.

If your goal is to see a change made in how Canvas functions your best bet would be to either search out an existing feature idea or create a new one and then link to it from the comments here.

I hope this is helpful.  If you have questions please don't hesitate to reach out.

willmoin
Community Participant

We would also find this feature useful on assignments