cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hesspe
Community Champion

Automatic peer review assignment

Jump to solution

The interface and documentation make it seem like you can set Peer Reviews for assignments and discussions to trigger at a specified time, and I've found they do, IF the only specified date is the due date.

If an Until date or an Assign Reviews date (rather paradoxically) is given, peer reviews are only assigned after clicking:

322546_pastedImage_1.png

This seems like a bug to me, but before I submit a ticket, I'm wondering if anyone could confirm it.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Ah, yes. I'd go ahead and report this to support and see if they think it's a bug or something that's known... but not known to us (and the guides).

Kona

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@hesspe , greetings! I went to the following guide - How do I create a peer review assignment? - and found the following, "The Assign date must come on or after the assignment due date. If left blank, Canvas will use the assignment due date."

You might also want to review this document as well - https://s3.amazonaws.com/tr-learncanvas/docs/PeerReviewTips.pdf 

Hope this helpsl! Kona

hesspe
Community Champion

Hi,

*"The Assign date must come on or after the assignment due date. If left

blank, Canvas will use the assignment due date."*

Yes I found that too, which is why I knew I could run test with no

specified "Assign date". But it still is true or at least was in my testing

that if you specify an "Assign date" after the due date, the peer

assignments don't happen even after the "Assign date" has passed until you

manually click that button. Try it.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Ah, yes. I'd go ahead and report this to support and see if they think it's a bug or something that's known... but not known to us (and the guides).

Kona

View solution in original post

0 Kudos