cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpham1
Community Member

Automation for Attendance Question

Hey all, I have a question for anyone else trying or had done automation for attedance using student activity. What are you counting as "Present" for your auto attendance? Right now we are using student submissions, excluding discussion posts, to capture their activity in Canvas to use as attendance. We would want discussions, but we don't know how to automatically see how qualitative it is to meet our attendance standards. We do not think that using a character/word count is enough to determine quality. Anyone have any suggestions for us?

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @jpham1 ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting out here unanswered since October 1, 2018.  It seems as though you have stumped the Community with your question.  While I don't really have an answer for you, have you been able to find a solution on your own since you first posted this question back in October?  If so, would you be willing to share your findings with us back here in this thread?  Or, if you are still looking for some assistance from Community members, please come back to this topic to provide an update so that someone might be able to help you.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've necessarily found an answer for you...but more because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over five months.  However, that will not prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Joseph.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.