cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bteo10
Community Member

Autoplay Videos/Audio in a Page

Updated

Original Subject Line: Is there a way to make sure that my videos/audio autoplay when a student opens a page inside of a module? We are trying to make it as easy for students to navigate a course of 80 or so videos. I am also open to any ideas to make it easier for students to 

Is there a way to make sure that my videos/audio autoplay when a student opens a page inside of a module? We are trying to make it as easy for students to navigate a course of 80 or so videos. I am also open to any ideas to make it easier for students to navigate the course without having to click so much.

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @bteo10 ...

I posted a reply to a very similar question back in October, so I'll point you to that: Video - Autoplay and Loop

In addition, I wanted to let you know that I am going to modify the subject line of your message (no need repeat the body of your question in the subject line).  I'll also tag your question with some keywords.  Both of these things will make it easier for people to search for your topic should they have similar questions.  If the revised subject line doesn't accurately reflect what you are asking in the body of your message, please let me know, and we can work to make any needed changes.  I hope that's alright with you, BrieAnne.

ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @bteo10 .  I have several courses where modules contain multiple videos.  ‌What works for me is to 1) host the videos in YouTube, then 2) create an index page in each module where the videos are located.  On this page in each module I include the embedded videos along with a description of each.  Student can click on these to play each video or open them in YouTube.  

Good luck!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @bteo10 ...

I've been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on December 12, 2017 and then received responses from me and ericwerth.  Have you had an opportunity to review our responses?  Did either of our responses help to answer your question?  Or, do you still have questions as it relates to this topic?  If you feel that one of our response has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark it as "Correct".  However, if you're still looking for assistance from members of the Community, please come back to this topic to post an update for us so that someone might be able to help you.  For now, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for about four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, BrieAnne.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.