cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsurber
Community Member

Autoplay audio file

Jump to solution

Is it possible to set up an audio file on a page to automatically start playing as soon as the page is opened?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jeb5123
Community Contributor

Hi  @jsurber ​, I know this is possible if you add the audio file to the Files area, and then pull that audio file into the Module by clicking the add button on the Module and selecting the file from the Files area. This will allow the audio to autoplay when they move to that file in the Module. Within a Canvas page, I don't know of any way to do this.

That being said, I would caution anyone against using autoplay for audio and videos. Students who use assistive technologies such as screen readers (JAWS) rely on hearing the content of the page. If the audio autoplays when the page loads it will overlap with crucial navigation and content for those users.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@jsurber ​, I don't have an immediate answer to your question. However, I've edited it so that the title doesn't pose the question and so the question resides in the body of the post, and I've also added some tags; these will help make the question more prominent in search results.

jeb5123
Community Contributor

Hi  @jsurber ​, I know this is possible if you add the audio file to the Files area, and then pull that audio file into the Module by clicking the add button on the Module and selecting the file from the Files area. This will allow the audio to autoplay when they move to that file in the Module. Within a Canvas page, I don't know of any way to do this.

That being said, I would caution anyone against using autoplay for audio and videos. Students who use assistive technologies such as screen readers (JAWS) rely on hearing the content of the page. If the audio autoplays when the page loads it will overlap with crucial navigation and content for those users.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post