cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtorres1
Community Contributor

Background color options

Jump to solution

I prefer the solid white background within the modules that the high contrast UI offers, but I have created a custom theme that we really love. Is there a way coming available that will allow to have that solid white background within modules without it needing to be the high contrast option? It just looks much cleaner and more inviting.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garth
Community Champion

Try uploading this small piece of custom CSS in your theme:

/*********************************************************************************/

/* Canvas Styling Override  */

.item-group-container {

background-color: #ffffff !important;

}

You could also use transparent if you want the background-color to match the page.

I have not done extensive testing, but this will create a white background in the Modules.

Make sure you implement this in Beta or Test, and do your validation prior to making changes to your production environment.

Hopefully this gets you moving in the right direction.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

jtorres​, I apologize that your question has been sitting out here for so long without a response--but it appears you have the Community stumped! Were you able to devise a solution independently, and if you were, would you take a moment to let us know how you accomplished this? It sounds like this is something that would require custom CSS/JS, so I'm going to attempt to enhance the visibility of your question by adding a few tags and sharing it with the Canvas Admins and Canvas Developers to get the attention of the folks who normally work with such customizations.

jtorres1
Community Contributor

Hi Stefanie! Unfortunately, I have not found a solution for this. Any suggestions are still welcome!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Another suggestion is to try contacting your CSM to see if they have suggestions or can help! I know my CSM is always willing to help me figure out stuff like this.

garth
Community Champion

Try uploading this small piece of custom CSS in your theme:

/*********************************************************************************/

/* Canvas Styling Override  */

.item-group-container {

background-color: #ffffff !important;

}

You could also use transparent if you want the background-color to match the page.

I have not done extensive testing, but this will create a white background in the Modules.

Make sure you implement this in Beta or Test, and do your validation prior to making changes to your production environment.

Hopefully this gets you moving in the right direction.

View solution in original post

jtorres1
Community Contributor

Garth, you're a genius! This was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!