cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhogue
Community Participant

Badges continued

Jump to solution

I have read the extensive posts and viewed the video presentation on badges and setting them up. I have a question concerning the automated awarding of student badges when the requirement is met based on the settings. Could someone please explain exactly how that works? I understand that you post the badge within the module that contains the required work but am not sure how the badge actually gets awarded automatically. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattHanes
Community Champion

Once you go through the setup process for the badge, the javascript added to configure Canvabadges communicates with the Canvabadges server that works the magic of keeping track of who has what badges. It's handled outside of your Canvas instance. The javascript communicates with that database to show the badges.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MattHanes
Community Champion

Once you go through the setup process for the badge, the javascript added to configure Canvabadges communicates with the Canvabadges server that works the magic of keeping track of who has what badges. It's handled outside of your Canvas instance. The javascript communicates with that database to show the badges.

View solution in original post

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@rhogue ​, if you want to really dig in and learn more about badges in Canvas I'd recommend the following course - Badges for Learning (Fall-2015)