cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lbarratt1
Community Participant

Badging upon course completion

Jump to solution

Has anyone setup a self-paced course that awards a badge to the participant upon completion?

If so, how was this done and do you have a badge app preference?

Thanks so much for the help.

Leona Smiley Happy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @lbarratt1 .  I personally have not done much with badges yet, but was wondering if you have seen this resource, Badges for Learning?  It looks as though it may have some great information and I plan on working through it myself in the next few weeks. The "course" has concluded but some of the pages have interesting information and it may be possible to contact the course instructor to get additional information.

I hope this helps and good luck! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @lbarratt1 .  I personally have not done much with badges yet, but was wondering if you have seen this resource, Badges for Learning?  It looks as though it may have some great information and I plan on working through it myself in the next few weeks. The "course" has concluded but some of the pages have interesting information and it may be possible to contact the course instructor to get additional information.

I hope this helps and good luck! 

khammond
Community Contributor

Hi  @lbarratt1 ‌,

Glad to hear you're interested in badging! I'm on Team Badgr and we've set up a self-paced course with an automatically awarded badge at the end. You may register for it here: (K-12/HE) Gamify Your Canvas Course with Badgr Open Badges - Canvas Network | Free online courses | ....

The course walks you through setting up courses for automatic badging based on module completion rules. Feel free to contact me if you'd like more information or have questions.