Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wanfareed
Community Participant

Badgr Leaderboard

Jump to solution

Hi Community,

Seeking help from folks who have or are using Badgr - Leaderboard. I am having this issue where as a teacher, I have enabled the Leaderboard. This means students can see Leaderboard from their student profile. But it seemed the 'Enabled' status of Leaderboard is buggy. It got back to 'Disabled' on its own.

The disabling may happen at any time and I am not able to narrow down to the possible cause. When this happened, students will not be able to see the Leaderboard. It has to be manually enabled again.

Anyone has this issue and solution (or workaround)?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
khammond
Community Contributor

Hello, wanfareed

Thank you for posting this in the community! We've had a small handful of users report having problems with the Leaderboard but we've been unable to replicate the issue. Sharing information about the Canvas or course setup could help provide the information that would allow us to accurately diagnose it.

• Does this happen in all courses, old courses or new courses?
  • Did you try reinstalling the Badgr app?
  • Where is the Badgr app installed (course or sub-account)?
  • Are you using any custom roles in the course that are not teacher/student roles?
  • What browser and version are you accessing the course with?
  • Any other information that may seem relevant.....

Feel free to share any details with our support team who is tracking this issue. We'll also continue to monitor this thread.

Thank you Badgr Family!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
khammond
Community Contributor

Hello, wanfareed

Thank you for posting this in the community! We've had a small handful of users report having problems with the Leaderboard but we've been unable to replicate the issue. Sharing information about the Canvas or course setup could help provide the information that would allow us to accurately diagnose it.

• Does this happen in all courses, old courses or new courses?
  • Did you try reinstalling the Badgr app?
  • Where is the Badgr app installed (course or sub-account)?
  • Are you using any custom roles in the course that are not teacher/student roles?
  • What browser and version are you accessing the course with?
  • Any other information that may seem relevant.....

Feel free to share any details with our support team who is tracking this issue. We'll also continue to monitor this thread.

Thank you Badgr Family!

View solution in original post

I am also having this same problem. I haven't tried reinstalling badgr yet (and I'm not sure that I know how). I'm using a macbook air. I just started using badges for my course. I have teachers, students, and observers in my course. I'm using Chrome Version 88.0.4324.150 (Official Build) (x86_64). Badger is installed in the course.

I am having the same issue.

My students have been earning their badges for about two weeks now.  I am certain that I enabled the leaderboard, but when I logged in today it was un-enabled.

I did notice this happen several weeks ago as well, when I was still in the testing phases.  I thought it was something I had mistakenly done, however, now that it has happened twice I can see it is definitely an issue.

I've just clicked to enable it again.  I will report if it happens again in the future.