cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardinm
Community Contributor

Badgr not giving permissions?

Jump to solution

After a failed attempt to use Canvabadges, I am attempting Badgr.

Unfortunately, it won't let me log in. I have installed the LTI tool, inserted it into a module, and now I see this: Screen Shot 2015-10-10 at 9.38.55 PM.png

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I have indeed logged in and refreshed to no avail... @jward ​????

Tags (3)
1 Solution
notto
Community Member

Kona, thanks for the ping. Just got the notification that there were new replies in this thread.

Ms. Hardin, this is Nate from CSky again.

It looks like your Canvas instance is not yet configured to connect with Badgr.io. We'd love to help you try out Badgr. In order to do so, we need to get a Developer Key from your canvas administrator that will allow Badgr to be connected over LTI with your instance of Canvas. Badgr is available free as open source software that you can host on your own server (code of the current version to be posted on GitHub by the end of the week), but we host free accounts for users at https://badgr.io - We charge for high-volume (whole institution) integrations of Badgr based on usage, but we'd love to connect you to be able to try Badgr in a few courses before we get to that point.

If you can make an introduction with the Canvas administrator of your system to me at help@badgr.io, I can help inform them about how to get Badgr ready for you. Thanks!

If you have any more questions, let me know.

Nate Otto,

Director, Open Badges, Concentric Sky

concentricsky.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies
notto
Community Member

Hi, Ms. Hardin -- I'm on the team at Concentric Sky that build the Badgr application, and I'm sorry you got a confusing error message. Let me try to help narrow down the issue you are having:

1. Is your canvas course hosted on Canvas.net or another instance of Canvas?

2. Did you sign up for Badgr with a user account that has as its primary email address the same email address you log in with for Canvas? (or do you otherwise have multiple email addresses confirmed for your canvas account)

3. Does your Canvas user have multiple "roles" within this course? If you go to the People tab in the course navigation and find your user, do you see your user as both a "Teacher" and a "Student" in the roles column?

Thanks for checking out Badgr! We're hoping it can do a good job serving your needs.

Nate

hardinm
Community Contributor

1. I am not sure where mine is hosted. We have a url that is "institution name".instructure.com

2. I signed up with my email for Canvas

3. I only have 1 role in this course

Any ideas?

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@hardinm ​, were you able to get your Badgr questions resolved?

notto
Community Member

Kona, thanks for the ping. Just got the notification that there were new replies in this thread.

Ms. Hardin, this is Nate from CSky again.

It looks like your Canvas instance is not yet configured to connect with Badgr.io. We'd love to help you try out Badgr. In order to do so, we need to get a Developer Key from your canvas administrator that will allow Badgr to be connected over LTI with your instance of Canvas. Badgr is available free as open source software that you can host on your own server (code of the current version to be posted on GitHub by the end of the week), but we host free accounts for users at https://badgr.io - We charge for high-volume (whole institution) integrations of Badgr based on usage, but we'd love to connect you to be able to try Badgr in a few courses before we get to that point.

If you can make an introduction with the Canvas administrator of your system to me at help@badgr.io, I can help inform them about how to get Badgr ready for you. Thanks!

If you have any more questions, let me know.

Nate Otto,

Director, Open Badges, Concentric Sky

concentricsky.com