cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alweight
Community Member

Batch-download annotated PDFs from SpeedGrader?

Jump to solution

I am brand-new to Canvas, and to this forum, so I apologize if this is an overly simplistic question. I see Canvas allows instructors to download annotated PDFs from SpeedGrader one by one. How would I batch-download those annotated PDFs when I have finished grading? Since I have 50+ students enrolled, this would be an incredible time-saver. I have asked my Canvas contact at my institution but it's been a few days and no answer. Thanks so much!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@alweight , greetings and welcome to the Canvas Community! On the front end of Canvas you can only bulk download the students original file submissions, not your annotated submissions. This guide shows where the download is for individual annotated submissions  - How do I add annotated comments in student submissions using DocViewer in SpeedGrader? 

There is however a feature idea for this functionality - https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/6232-bulk-download-of-annotated-crocodoc-documents-by-assignme... - and I would recommend voting and commenting on why it would be good to have. 

Hope this information helps! Kona

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@alweight , greetings and welcome to the Canvas Community! On the front end of Canvas you can only bulk download the students original file submissions, not your annotated submissions. This guide shows where the download is for individual annotated submissions  - How do I add annotated comments in student submissions using DocViewer in SpeedGrader? 

There is however a feature idea for this functionality - https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/6232-bulk-download-of-annotated-crocodoc-documents-by-assignme... - and I would recommend voting and commenting on why it would be good to have. 

Hope this information helps! Kona

View solution in original post

alweight
Community Member

Thanks, Kona! I appreciate that! Yes, I voted and left a note on that thread. I may bring friends. Smiley Happy Our institution is switching over to Canvas and we do a LOT of online work. This functionality would be a tremendous time-saver. So--we will see what happens with this. Thanks!