Batch upload on canvas

Jump to solution
jyoon76
Community Novice

Hi. I'm trying to export exam questions from McGraw-Hill Connect and import them to Canvas. Is there a way to batch upload ("transfer questions at once")? Or do we have to transfer individual questions manually?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening,  @jyoon76 ...

I'm not sure what kind of file formats McGraw Hill may offer, but they may be able to send you (or you may be able to obtain) a *.imscc file that might work to batch upload quiz questions into Canvas.  One thing I always make sure to check (when I am working on quizzes for our faculty) is if they have copyright permission from the publisher to upload questions into another system such as Canvas.  This Guide, How do I import content from Common Cartridge into Canvas?, may help.

Also, since you mentioned batch uploading of questions...a while back I wrote a blog post on the subject...but it does require the purchase of some software.  You can read more here: Batch Uploading Quiz Questions with Respondus.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Julia.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post