cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dralbert01
Community Member

Bible Integration

I am developing Bible courses and am looking for a way to integrate the Bible into the course so that students on any device can look up scriptures. Also, I'm looking for it to have 10+ versions of the Bible to choose from (the more the better). Thanks.

Tags (2)
2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @dralbert01 ...

Interesting question!  Unfortunately, I am not aware of any LTI integrations that would work within Canvas.  You may already use this mobile app, but have you looked at the YouVersion Bible app for mobile devices?  I use that app, and there are several translations of the Bible available.  Another option for you would be to make a link in your course out to BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.  You could put this link on a course page, or you could use the Redirect LTI tool to place a custom button in your course navigation.  Do you think either of those options might work for your needs?

Thanks Daniel...be well, and stay safe!

joe_fahs
Community Participant

Hi @dralbert01 

You can embed Bible chapters and verses into your Canvas courses using the YouVersion website (mybible.com). The version drop menu provides options to choose different Bibles including languages. There are other sites such as Biblegateway.com but they include ads. 

For details see Embedding Bible Scripture

Joe