cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harwellm
Community Participant

Blue print associations

Jump to solution

I am trying to set up a blueprint course for a teacher, but no courses are showing up to associate with the blueprint course. I have tried to search by name, teacher, and SIS ID for the Geometry courses, but nothing from this year related comes up. The four courses that do show up are old ones. What can I do to resolve this?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi  @harwellm ,

Depending on the support options available at your school, if you log into Canvas, click on the 'Help' menu on the left hand main menu bar, you may have a Phone or Live Chat support option there.

That will put you through to Canvas Support who can provide you extra context based on your school's Canvas setup.

Hope that helps (and please let us know how you go)!

Stuart

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Steve_Watts
Community Champion

Hi  @harwellm 

Are the courses you're looking for in the same subaccount as the blueprint course in your Canvas account hierarchy? If they're in a different subaccount then they might not show up in the search. The page How do I associate a course with a blueprint course as an admin? explains that "associated courses must reside in the same or a lower subaccount than where the blueprint course resides."

harwellm
Community Participant

The Blue Print course is a manually created course, and those are in the

sub account.

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 10:36 AM, s.j.watts@bham.ac.uk <

harwellm
Community Participant

Is there someone I can speak with who can look into my district account and

help me with this over the phone?

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 11:47 AM, Melanie Harwell <harwellm@ccsjackets.org>

Hi  @harwellm ,

Depending on the support options available at your school, if you log into Canvas, click on the 'Help' menu on the left hand main menu bar, you may have a Phone or Live Chat support option there.

That will put you through to Canvas Support who can provide you extra context based on your school's Canvas setup.

Hope that helps (and please let us know how you go)!

Stuart

View solution in original post

tellison
Community Contributor

@harwellm ‌ did you ever get an answer.  I have the same issue currently.

harwellm
Community Participant

I did. The sub accounts were the issue. Blue print courses are manually created so if you move it into the correct account the potential associations will show up. 

tellison
Community Contributor

Thank you  @harwellm ‌.  I found the answer last night looking through other Q & A's.