Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayoder
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Blueprint functionality

Jump to solution

I pushed out content into a module from a Blueprint shell, but the items are not in the order I placed them in the module. In the child courses they were pushed to the bottom even though I placed them at the top. Do I need to check Content settings when I sync? I was nervous about altering the courses because some teachers have actually curated home pages and I don't want to override that, but I do want to have the items at the top of the module. Any ideas on how to accomplish that? 

311828_pastedImage_1.png

Child Course

311829_pastedImage_2.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @jayoder ‌ - Unfortunately, the order of modules is free to be shuffled within associated courses.  I encourage you to read, comment on, and vote up this Feature Idea from  @lindalee ‌ and also check her blog posts starting here, for more information regarding her valuable day-to-day experience with blueprint courses. 

And no, the content settings checkbox will not help here; that will alter things like (for example) whether or not students can post attachments to discussion posts and other settings.....and even course start/end dates if they differ from what is in the blueprint master course.  So while the settings checkbox is, arguably, great for the first, initial sync, I would indeed be very careful about any further enabling of that checkbox, especially if you ordinarily allow faculty to change some of their own course settings, end dates, etc.

I hope this helps a bit, Jonathan!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @jayoder ‌ - Unfortunately, the order of modules is free to be shuffled within associated courses.  I encourage you to read, comment on, and vote up this Feature Idea from  @lindalee ‌ and also check her blog posts starting here, for more information regarding her valuable day-to-day experience with blueprint courses. 

And no, the content settings checkbox will not help here; that will alter things like (for example) whether or not students can post attachments to discussion posts and other settings.....and even course start/end dates if they differ from what is in the blueprint master course.  So while the settings checkbox is, arguably, great for the first, initial sync, I would indeed be very careful about any further enabling of that checkbox, especially if you ordinarily allow faculty to change some of their own course settings, end dates, etc.

I hope this helps a bit, Jonathan!

View solution in original post

jayoder
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I almost tagged you directly since I knew you would probably be the one to answer! Thanks Ken! I up voted the idea!

kblack
Community Champion

Glad I could help, Jonathan!