Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rebecca_craig

Bookmark last read point in a module page

Jump to solution

Hi, would it be possible to include a feature to allow students to mark the last point within a module page that they have read? I know it is possible to mark a module page as completed, but for pages that contain external links or material that takes longer to digest, students may not make it to the end in one sitting, and therefore a bookmark function would be really useful.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@rebecca_craig , thank you for taking the time to write up your recommendation and explaining how it would benefit your students. I’m not exactly sure how a bookmark like this would work on the technical side, but I could see where students would appreciate it if it could be done.

To have this feature considered for Canvas you’d want to add it as a new feature idea in the Canvas Studio‌. I’d just copy and paste exactly what you have here into the feature idea. 

Kona

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@rebecca_craig , thank you for taking the time to write up your recommendation and explaining how it would benefit your students. I’m not exactly sure how a bookmark like this would work on the technical side, but I could see where students would appreciate it if it could be done.

To have this feature considered for Canvas you’d want to add it as a new feature idea in the Canvas Studio‌. I’d just copy and paste exactly what you have here into the feature idea. 

Kona

rebecca_craig

@kona ‌ Many thanks - I have done so now (and apologies if it's a technical impossibility!)

Rebecca

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@rebecca_craig ‌, How do I create a new feature idea in the Canvas Community?‌ provides guidance on authoring an idea—and it's always good practice to start by searching for existing ideas. In this case, the existing idea you'd want to support is open for voting at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4970-provide-students-with-option-to-pin-or-bookmark-a-page-in...‌.