cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
audia_dominic
Community Participant

Broken Image Link in Quiz

Jump to solution

Hello.  I am having problems with images not displaying correctly in Canvas as they are displaying as Broken Links? I have not problems inserting and viewing the images into a quiz question.  However, when the students take the quiz, they get a dead link that shows the image file name but images is a broken link.

When I preview the quiz, the images show up just fine?

I have submitted a ticket into Canvas support but have not heard anything yet?  Has anybody else run into this problem and know whats going on?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
pfellows
Community Participant

At University of Oregon we are seeing this as well in multiple courses.  We cannot isolate what the cause is.  We will submit a support ticket.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @audia_dominic  and  @pfellows ...

I wanted to share this blog post with you written by  @dholton : Images Not Showing Up in Canvas? Here’s What You Can Do.  I'm not sure if any of the suggestions will help with your situations, but it may be worth looking through his blog to see what ideas he offers.  Hope this helps!

4 Replies
pfellows
Community Participant

At University of Oregon we are seeing this as well in multiple courses.  We cannot isolate what the cause is.  We will submit a support ticket.

0 Kudos
audia_dominic
Community Participant

No fix for this issue. I would suggest you contact Canvas support. I have

reported the issue and Canvas support is aware of the issue and recommends

re-inserting every image into all of yoru questions in your question banks

and quizzes.....every term you teach the class? Crazy.

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 2:06 PM pfellows@uoregon.edu <instructure@jiveon.com>

pfellows
Community Participant

Thanks.  Support told us the same thing. It is crazy and unrealistic!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @audia_dominic  and  @pfellows ...

I wanted to share this blog post with you written by  @dholton : Images Not Showing Up in Canvas? Here’s What You Can Do.  I'm not sure if any of the suggestions will help with your situations, but it may be worth looking through his blog to see what ideas he offers.  Hope this helps!