cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yuriyd6e
Community Member

Broken questions

Jump to solution

Please correct your questions so we don't have to read through HTML to try to understand it. Your platform isn't displaying it the way you intend it. My apologies to the IT guy who gets stuck with this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Yuriy,

That seems like a rather odd bug and one that Canvas Support/Developers themselves might need to check out. I could foresee that either there may have been something that went astray when copying the question text in, or, it may be a bug. Would it be possible for you to log a problem with Canvas Support on this one please by clicking on the help menu in Canvas (left-hand side) and clicking report a problem to give them this detail. They will have access to your particular instance of Canvas and can troubleshoot this further.

Hope that helps!
Stuart

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Yuriy,

That seems like a rather odd bug and one that Canvas Support/Developers themselves might need to check out. I could foresee that either there may have been something that went astray when copying the question text in, or, it may be a bug. Would it be possible for you to log a problem with Canvas Support on this one please by clicking on the help menu in Canvas (left-hand side) and clicking report a problem to give them this detail. They will have access to your particular instance of Canvas and can troubleshoot this further.

Hope that helps!
Stuart

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

I don't know how to get back to where I was when the problem occurred and I

managed to finish in spite of the bug. I sent the question primarily to

notify you guys of the issue for the sake of future students.

Warmly,

Yuriy

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 3:07 PM stuart.ryan@collaborative.education <

Hi  @yuriyd6e  

This is not Canvas Support, even though some support folks come in here some times.  This is a global community of Canvas users just like yourself.

Anyways, I have seen this same thing happen occasionally in the past, and always when content has either been pasted from materials in another tool (like MS Word) that uses a font style that is unsupported by Canvas, or when copying content from a much older version of Canvas that used a now unsupported font.  Very rarely is this a Canvas bug.

It sounds like you are a student, so I would let your teacher know about this so that they can fix it.

Kelley

I am and it's not a platform I've used before and I'm unsure of whether

I'll need to use it again. If possible, would you kindly just forward my

question/complaint to the appropriate party?

Warmly,

Yuriy

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 3:46 PM kelley.meeusen@cptc.edu <

Hi again,  @yuriyd6e 

Again, we are just a Community of folks like you, and cannot submit tickets on behalf of somebody else.

Your best bet is to submit a Support ticket from within Canvas as described by Stuart  above.

Kelley

Noted. Have a good evening, Kelly.

Warmly,

Yuriy

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020, 15:57 Kelley L. Meeusen <instructure@jiveon.com>