cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghalsell
Community Participant

Browser Questions

Jump to solution

Has anyone tried using Canvas on the Opera browser? I'm giving it a test drive, and so far haven't run into any problems. I was just curious why it's not listed among the supported browsers.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

...and  @ghalsell ​, I got a little more guidance on how and why a particular browser is listed as "supported," specifically that if a browser is listed as supported, it means that Canvas is actively testing code against it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@ghalsell , I occasionally log into Canvas through Opera, and I've never had any problems with it. You might be interested in the conversation here: I want to use Canvas with a different browser called Vivaldi...​ (Vivaldi is built by the Opera team.)

I would imagine that the reason Opera is not listed as a supported browser is that there just aren't enough users of Opera in general, and enough users of Canvas in Opera in particular, to be able to collect meaningful data about the experience: Browser market share

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

...and  @ghalsell ​, I got a little more guidance on how and why a particular browser is listed as "supported," specifically that if a browser is listed as supported, it means that Canvas is actively testing code against it.

View solution in original post

hera
Community Participant

I'm just looking into using Opera with Canvas. The Opera Notes v7 is great for storing grading notes, and I used it with other LMSs successfully.  Has anyone tried it with SpeedGrader?