cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grandels
Community Member

Browser problem accessing media

I have set up some video for viewing using My Mediasite. Accessing the video via Firefox works just fine, but with Safari users get prompted to login and then get stuck in a loop, rather than getting access to the video. Is this a compatibility problem between Canvas and Safari? I have only tried these two browsers. Is there a fix, or should I just advise all of my students to use something besides Safari?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @grandels ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I don't know that I have an answer for you, but I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting here in the Community for five months without any response.  It's possible that you may have stumped Community members with your question.  Have you been able to find a solution on your own since you first posted your question on September 9, 2018?  If so, would you be willing to share your solution back here in this topic with us?  Or, are you still looking for some help from the Community with your question?

You mentioned Mediasite.  I'm not 100% sure on this (since the vast majority of Community members don't have access to your course or your school's Canvas environment), but are you using one of the Mediasite LTI integrations?

If you are using one of these LTI integrations, have you reached out to the folks at sonicfoundry to see if they may be able to help with this issue?

For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've been able to find a solution for you...but more because we have not heard back from you since September 9, 2018, and there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for the same amount of time.  That won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic, however.  I hope that's alright with you, George.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.