cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sshoup1
Community Participant

Building tests with multiple quizzes

How can I build a test that contains multiple quizzes?   I teach French and I have to do a separate quiz for each audio clip because questions get scrambled.  Opening each quiz for each class and again if students are absent or not finished is a royal pain.   It would be better to group quizzes under one section (such as IA Exam) that I can then open & assign just once.

Thanks!

4 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @sshoup1 ‌

Could you clarify just a bit.

Do you mean that you create a single question item for each audio recording? Or do you have a group of questions associated with a single recording?

You can easily do this in Canvas by using the Text Only (no question) item type in a quiz, use that item to house your recording, then follow with one or more questions related to that recording. Then rinse and repeat until you have included all your recordings and associated questions.

Learn more at How do I create a Text (no question) quiz question? 

The new quizzing engine also has a new item  called Stimulus Content that is a hugely improved version of what I just described. Learn more at How do I insert stimulus content in Quizzes.Next? 

I hope this helps.

Kelley

sshoup1
Community Participant

Hi Kelly,

Thanks, that may help if the questions are not scrambled.

My quizzes usually have 5-10 questions linked to an audio. If the question

order gets scrambled, students are confused.

I'll try your suggestion, thanks again,

Susan

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 2:07 PM, stefaniesanders <instructure@jiveon.com>

@sshoup1 ‌, as long as you do not put the questions and text/no question items into a question group, they will remain in the order in which you place them.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@sshoup1 ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie