cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pctay
Community Participant

Bulk Conclude Courses (Using CSV)

It seems like I could only bulk create brand new "inactive" courses by indicating "completed" in the status field in the csv; but not able to bulk change the status (conclude) of existing active courses to completed.

Is the above statement right?

4 Replies
James
Community Champion

This does not sound right.

I was able to mark an active course as completed through the SIS import.

You may need to override the UI changes when you upload the SIS file.

For example, I created a course as active, then changed it to completed, then back to active, all done through the SIS import. Then I went into the UI and marked it as unpublished. Now I can't change the status to completed or deleted. Then I turned on the "override UI changes" and then the SIS import worked and made the changes I wanted.

tross
Community Champion

We do ours by setting terms.  When the course is created, we assign it to a term.  The term file then controls when the course ends.  We override occasionally for a teacher but we conclude the majority of our courses this way.  

natalie_norton1
Community Champion

Hi - we had a few issues with this last year when we did a retrospective tidy up of some old courses which didn't have term dates. From what I remember (and I might be wrong!), the column called 'status' in the provisioning report is merging two separate fields - the active/concluded and published/unpublished, which does lead to some confusion!

In the end we found the best way to conclude courses in bulk was just to add an end_date and then upload the spreadsheet, which seemed to conclude them, rather than using the status field. Note that if you have any unpublished courses they get published when concluded - no way to prevent this.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@pctay ‌,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie