cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsweoalvarado
Community Member

Bulk delay for posting announcements?

Jump to solution

Is there a way to do a bulk delay posting of announcements copied from one CANVAS site into another course shell? I copy them from one semester to the next because I may need them, but I have to go into each announcement individually to change the post date so that students can't see them all at the start of the course (and some of them I may never want posted, but I don't want to delete them in case I do.)

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi! Thanks for reviving this post! 

Right now, there is an Idea Conversation open that includes the Bulk Delay. Please rate (star) the idea and join the discussion.  Bulk Editing Options for Announcements - Instructure Community   While the idea has been open since 2018, the latest participation was just today.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
dhulsey
Community Champion

This is not currently a way to do this, Thea. Consider adding your voice to this feature request, though: ​.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @tsweoalvarado ​...

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way in the current User Interface of Canvas to do what you are asking.  I did a quick search here in the Canvas Community, and I found the following two Feature Ideas...both of which have been archived.  However, the second one has received several votes and some comments from Instructure:

I would suggest adding your comments to the second Feature Idea so that you can let Instructure know that this idea is important to you.  This isn't probably the exact answer you were looking for, Thea, but I hope it helps!

rtkchembio
Community Member

Did the original question ever get answered?

Is there a way to do a bulk delay posting of announcements... ???

Searching led to this page that alleges an answer ... but I don't see any solution.

Thanks, -Ryan

Tags (2)
amanda_lemaster
Community Participant

This has never been resolved? Let's get this back on the table. A way to bulk edit announcements delay dates is needed. 

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi! Thanks for reviving this post! 

Right now, there is an Idea Conversation open that includes the Bulk Delay. Please rate (star) the idea and join the discussion.  Bulk Editing Options for Announcements - Instructure Community   While the idea has been open since 2018, the latest participation was just today.

View solution in original post