cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trf122
Community Participant

CANVAS mobile application-How do I forward message history?

Jump to solution

In the CANVAS mobile application (iOS) for Students or Teachers, I am unable to forward message history in conversations. On the desktop, when I forward a conversation that has several previous responses/replies, I can see all of the previous responses and choose which ones to include or delete. On the mobile application, when I try to forward a message, it only forwards the most recent message from the "kabobs" at the top of the screen or the message with "kabobs" on the same line as the message. How do I forward a message on mobile that includes all prior history without having to forward each individual response to the new recipient(s)?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi again  @trf122 ‌,

On the desktop, when I forward a conversation that has several previous responses/replies, I can see all of the previous responses and choose which ones to include or delete.

If you want to pick and choose which messages to forward, this not possible on the Canvas Student or Teacher apps. 

I highly suggest you consider created a new feature idea in the community: How do I create a new feature idea in the Canvas Community? 

Now, if you want to forward specific messages, you can kind of do this, but it's a little tricky. Take a look at the following image:

289026_pastedImage_4.jpg

1. If you tap on the kabob menu for 1, then tap forward, all messages that you see on the screen will be forwarded to the recipient. 
  2. If you tap on the kabob menu for 2, then tap forward, all messages that you see on the screen will be forwarded to the recipient. (essentially this is like 1). 
  3. If you tap on the kabob menu for 3, then tap forward, number 3 and 4 will be forwarded to the recipient. 
  4. If you tap on the kabob menu for 4, then tap forward, number 4 will be forwarded to the recipient. 

On the mobile application, when I try to forward a message, it only forwards the most recent message from the "kabobs" at the top of the screen or the message with "kabobs" on the same line as the message. How do I forward a message on mobile that includes all prior history without having to forward each individual response to the new recipient(s)?

This can be done on the mobile apps, but it can be a little confusing. When you forward a message, it only shows the current message, but it does forward the current message and any messages that were sent before the current message. So, if even though you don't see it, it is forwarding the message. 

I know this is a little tricky to follow, so if you have any questions, please let me know. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi again  @trf122 ‌,

On the desktop, when I forward a conversation that has several previous responses/replies, I can see all of the previous responses and choose which ones to include or delete.

If you want to pick and choose which messages to forward, this not possible on the Canvas Student or Teacher apps. 

I highly suggest you consider created a new feature idea in the community: How do I create a new feature idea in the Canvas Community? 

Now, if you want to forward specific messages, you can kind of do this, but it's a little tricky. Take a look at the following image:

289026_pastedImage_4.jpg

1. If you tap on the kabob menu for 1, then tap forward, all messages that you see on the screen will be forwarded to the recipient. 
  2. If you tap on the kabob menu for 2, then tap forward, all messages that you see on the screen will be forwarded to the recipient. (essentially this is like 1). 
  3. If you tap on the kabob menu for 3, then tap forward, number 3 and 4 will be forwarded to the recipient. 
  4. If you tap on the kabob menu for 4, then tap forward, number 4 will be forwarded to the recipient. 

On the mobile application, when I try to forward a message, it only forwards the most recent message from the "kabobs" at the top of the screen or the message with "kabobs" on the same line as the message. How do I forward a message on mobile that includes all prior history without having to forward each individual response to the new recipient(s)?

This can be done on the mobile apps, but it can be a little confusing. When you forward a message, it only shows the current message, but it does forward the current message and any messages that were sent before the current message. So, if even though you don't see it, it is forwarding the message. 

I know this is a little tricky to follow, so if you have any questions, please let me know. 

View solution in original post

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

To close the loop, here's the link to the feature idea  @trf122 ‌ created (thanks, Tonya!): https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/12156-simulate-canvas-desktop-features-in-mobile-apps-forwardi...