cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edilojacanvas
Community Participant

CSS Styles and JQuery on App

CSS Styles and Jquery used on Web pages are not working on App. Do you know why is it happening?

For example:

On web pages we're able to look it like this:

281043_Captura de pantalla 2018-07-05 a la(s) 10.37.41.png

While on the App:

281044_WhatsApp Image 2018-07-05 at 10.44.59.jpeg

Please help me!

11 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @edilojacanvas 

I am not sure, but I do not think Java is supported in the APP, but will share your question with the Canvas Developers group where there are many folks who know better than I do.

Kelley

robotcars
Community Champion

You need to upload your customization JavaScript to the mobile part of Themes > Upload

281050_Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 10.44.22 AM.png

I will add that the mobile file should only contain changes you are making to Canvas Mobile Apps, keeping code separate between Browser and Mobile.

edilojacanvas
Community Participant

Thank you Kelley, Sure there is solution

edilojacanvas
Community Participant

Hello Robert,

I have proceeded to load the css and js files for the cell phone but it still does not work.

James
Community Champion

I'm pretty sure I've read in a few places that jQuery is not supported on the mobile apps unless you load it yourself. This thread has a lot of useful information about mobile: https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/22500-mobile-javascript-development 

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@edilojacanvas ‌, 

To follow up with  @James ‌ - Loading jQuery in the Canvas Mobile apps isn't that straightforward. In fact, it's not for the faint of heart. IMHO, the community member with the most knowledge about Canvas Mobile apps and jQuery is  @kenneth_larsen ‌. Check out the following post to see if this helps you get any further: https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/18514-canvas-app-a-huge-disapointment#comment-78907 

I'd love to help, but our school doesn't do any jQuery development with mobile, so my knowledge is limited. It would be nice if a community member could document this as this question comes up from time to time. Thanks. 

kdellis
Community Participant

Hello everyone -- I've heard a rumor that support for this coding is going away "soon." Is there any truth to that? Thanks.

Hi, you need to upload all jquery library in the js file to canvas because in the app Jquery is not included in the header so you need to add in the first line  all jquery.min.js (paste) after that you can put all your JavaScript functions. is a good practice use try catch block for all your functions, to debug your app functions you can comunicate with a rest (send error of the catch block) to know what issues have in your scripts.

Alright, I have been meaning to jot some things down to try and help anyone else out there that is battling the mobile app and  @rseilham 's comment made me think I better just get it done. I have added some thoughts and code to the Mobile Javascript Development discussion that  @James  referenced above. It's not much but hopefully it gives a starting point.