cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
veers
Community Member

Calendar Use Year to Year

We share a calendar between teachers of the same course. When a new teacher comes in we can share the scope and sequence easily. We moved to Canvas last year. How can I reuse my calendar from last year, this year? Is there a more efficient way instead of recreating the calendar every year or editing each event individually? Thanks!

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @veers ​...

I am sorry to see that this question has been sitting here unanswered since you first posted on September 22nd.  You may have stumped members of the Canvas Community.  Have you been able to come up with a solution to your question since then?  If so, would you please come back here to post that for the Community?  If you are still looking for help with this, however, please let the members of the Community know that, too.  Thank you, Loretta.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@veers , with regard to the last part of your question, the Canvas course copy process allows you to copy calendar events from one course to another. This is described in How do I copy content from another Canvas course?  Just make sure that you enable Select Specific Content, then Select Content, and only choose Events. You can also expand the events by clicking on the triangle to the left so that you can decide which events to copy.

Is that what you had in mind?

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @veers ​...

I wanted to check in with you because it's been over a month since any new activity in this discussion thread.  Did the response from stefaniesanders​ help to answer your question?  If so, please mark her answer as "Correct".  But, if you are still looking for assistance, feel free to post a message below.  For now, I am going to mark this question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies to this topic.  Looking forward to hearing from you, Loretta.