cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harris60
Community Contributor

Can Conferences be Saved More than 14 days?

Jump to solution

I see that conference recordings are saved for 14 days.

Is there a way to save them longer? If I wanted to advocate within my institution for a longer term storage solution what is it that I would ask for: I don't know if the space limitation is a decision of Canvas? Of my institution's agreement with Canvas? Of some third party provider?

Thanks,

Michael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tara
Community Participant

Hi Michael,

Kona is correct, it's a third party agreement :  http://blindsidenetworks.com/instructure/

Blindside Networks offers all Canvas customers a free tier of BigBlueButton, which stores recordings for 14 days.  However, if you wish to have permanent recordings, you have the option to upgrade to our premium tier. 

If you would like more information, please feel free to contact me at tara@blindsidenetworks.com.

--

Tara MacDonald

Manager of Customer Support & Services

Blindside Networks Inc.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

harris60​, I'm pretty sure it's a third party agreement, but I'm not 100% sure. I've shared this question with someone from Big Blue Button (where our Canvas conferencing comes from) and maybe they can help!

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

harris60, this recent Q&A might answer your question and provide additional info: Video/Media and Big Blue Button

tara
Community Participant

Hi Michael,

Kona is correct, it's a third party agreement :  http://blindsidenetworks.com/instructure/

Blindside Networks offers all Canvas customers a free tier of BigBlueButton, which stores recordings for 14 days.  However, if you wish to have permanent recordings, you have the option to upgrade to our premium tier. 

If you would like more information, please feel free to contact me at tara@blindsidenetworks.com.

--

Tara MacDonald

Manager of Customer Support & Services

Blindside Networks Inc.

View solution in original post

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks  @tara ​!

harris60
Community Contributor

Thanks Tara (and Kona),