cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amacleod
Community Member

Can I change the order of discussion posts?

I would prefer it if certain discussions were ordered with most recent being at the top and older posts at the end. Anywhere I can change ascending/descending parameter? discussion settings #date control

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@amacleod , I was pretty sure you couldn’t do this, but checked the following guide to confirm - How do I view and sort discussion replies as an instructor? 

I then did a quick search and found the following feature idea - https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1190-order-discussion-posts-from-newest-to-oldest" modifiedtit.... It’s already on product radar, but my recommendation is to vote and comment on it as well. 

ceidiagarcia
Community Member

Kona,

I was taken aback that the idea your post linked to was originally posted in 2015!!! And it's not been acted on despite 162 people agreeing it's a good idea? That's lame... And it doesn't leave much hope for change, does it? I am 1 of 4 participants in a group project. We are supposed to post our every move on the same discussion page. By the later part of the semester, it's going to take more time to scroll down to the "next" post than the actual project work will take. Very frustrating...

Ceidi

peeksas
Community Participant

And it is 2020 and that basic feature is still not available.

bhlavaty
Community Member

Agreed! This should be an option.