cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nilonc
Community Member

Can I copy files from one course to another?

Jump to solution

I want to  use some materials in different courses.  Is it possible to share them to the commons and then upload them into another course?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @nilonc and welcome to the Canvas Community! Yes, you can share files to the Commons and then load them from the Commons in other courses.  This document describes the file types that can be shared, What types of document and media files can be shared to Commons? 

If you are an instructor in both courses, this may not be the easiest way to transfer files though.  You could copy the content from one course to another, and instead of importing the entire course, indicate that you wish to select what content to import and choose just the files.  These documents describes the process, How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool? and https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13101-4152497985 

I hope this helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @nilonc and welcome to the Canvas Community! Yes, you can share files to the Commons and then load them from the Commons in other courses.  This document describes the file types that can be shared, What types of document and media files can be shared to Commons? 

If you are an instructor in both courses, this may not be the easiest way to transfer files though.  You could copy the content from one course to another, and instead of importing the entire course, indicate that you wish to select what content to import and choose just the files.  These documents describes the process, How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool? and https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13101-4152497985 

I hope this helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post