cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ayoder
Community Participant

Can I cross list multiple courses together?

Jump to solution

Hi there!

New to Canvas - our district/high school just started utilizing it as the new LMS and I'm excited to use it.

That being said, I teach remedial seminars for learning support students.  Students are scheduled in my room for anywhere between 1 to 5 periods/week.

My district (or Canvas, possibly..) cross-sectioned all of my periods students who have the same number of periods per week, going from 12 class "sections" on my grading system to 5 sections.  However, I would like to cross-list all of my classes into one course.
Is this possible?  I tried to cross list manually, but I am only able to combine 2 sections.  When I try a third, it uncrosses the one I had added.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ayoder , welcome to Canvas and the Community!

Canvas does not automatically cross-list courses, so if you have courses that are cross-listed then someone at your school did it. My school doesn’t use cross-listing (we combine courses on the backend of Canvas), but I did a little research and it looks like you should be able to combine your courses all together. 

How do I use cross-listing in an account? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10885-4214719646 

My recommendation is to go back through the guides above and make sure you are following the exact directions. If you are and it’s stull not working, then my recommendation is to contact Canvas Support and see if they can help. To do this click on the Help link in Canvas and Report a Problem. 

Hope this helps!

Kona

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ayoder , welcome to Canvas and the Community!

Canvas does not automatically cross-list courses, so if you have courses that are cross-listed then someone at your school did it. My school doesn’t use cross-listing (we combine courses on the backend of Canvas), but I did a little research and it looks like you should be able to combine your courses all together. 

How do I use cross-listing in an account? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10885-4214719646 

My recommendation is to go back through the guides above and make sure you are following the exact directions. If you are and it’s stull not working, then my recommendation is to contact Canvas Support and see if they can help. To do this click on the Help link in Canvas and Report a Problem. 

Hope this helps!

Kona

View solution in original post

ayoder
Community Participant

Thanks  @kona  - It looks like there has been some cross listing already - I'll play around a little more/go to Support.