cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicholas_james
Community Member

Can I embed a survey from a different site? (Qualtrics)

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am currently trying to have students complete a survey via qualtrics (a survey website). I am curious if I can embed this survey into a quiz, module, or assignment so I can track student completion / not have them open up a new browser to access the survey.

Is this possible?

If not, how would you suggest making an assignment that would track time spent / completion of off-site material?

Thank you for your time and advice,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @nicholas_james ​...

Having never used a Qualtrics survey myself, my reply here may be completely off, but I'll give it a shot.  I did a quick search on Google, and I found this website: https://wordpress.sph.harvard.edu/web-tech/faqs/how-do-i-embed-a-qualtrics-form/ .  I have no idea how long this site has been online, nor do I know if these instructions are still valid, but it might be worth trying out inside your Canvas course.

Please report back to let us know if this worked or not...thanks!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @nicholas_james ​...

Having never used a Qualtrics survey myself, my reply here may be completely off, but I'll give it a shot.  I did a quick search on Google, and I found this website: https://wordpress.sph.harvard.edu/web-tech/faqs/how-do-i-embed-a-qualtrics-form/ .  I have no idea how long this site has been online, nor do I know if these instructions are still valid, but it might be worth trying out inside your Canvas course.

Please report back to let us know if this worked or not...thanks!

View solution in original post

Thank you, I think this got me closer to an answer. I've been trouble shooting and I think now the answer lies in either Webcourses not allowing certain webpages to be iframed in OR the qualtrics account not letting itself be iframed in. With the codes I use I keep getting a blank page created with the following picture in the middle when I go to edit it. I'll continue looking into this to see if the issue lies with Webcourses or Qualtrics but thank you for the link it was an awesome source to get my troubleshooing started!

Iframe issue.png

@nicholas_james ​, you might also want to find out if Qualtrics supports the https: protocol. If it does not, your students will see a blank screen unless they enable insecure or external content in their browsers. See: External or "insecure" content: Strategies for helping students cope​ and Which browsers does Canvas support?

Stefanie you are a life-saver. This fixed the secondary issue of the survey not showing up once it was correctly added to iframes. I wish I could list 2 correct answers since you solved a secondary issue. The browser was not supporting the "insecure" content. This fixed it. Thank you!

This solved the original problem once I fixed the "insecure" content issue. Thank you so much!

You're welcome,  @nicholas_james ​. Let's just call my answer the Secondary Correct Answer. Smiley Wink

grayat
Community Participant

Hi Nicholas,

I have the same problem as well, as I want to capture some information from the participants via Qualtrics. I had difficulty implementing the same in the native Canvas survey.

I just want to thank you for this thread and also for the wonderful responses of Chris and Stefanie, our issues are resolved!

Warm regards,

Glenn

emily
Community Champion

Qualtrics is supposed to be coming out with an LTI app that would do just this, but I can't find info on when that will be happening. I've been hearing "soon" for almost a year.

vrs07nl
Community Contributor

@njames5 jennydelafuente26 @njames5 

We have an account with Qualtrics and will be having a product call today about the LTI ...