cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maria_davis
Community Member

Can I merge all classes so that all have the same settings?

I do not want to change the settings for each class; can I merge all classes so that all have the same settings?  

The same question is for pages. I want most of my courses to have the same pages, but it looks like I will have to individually. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @maria_davis ...

Sorry that your question hasn't had any responses since you first posted your question in late July.  Merging courses is completely possible in Canvas.  It is called cross-listing.  Basically, it combines two or more courses together.  It moves the enrollments (not the content) from one course to another.  So, if you have two courses, A and B, you can cross-list them together so that all enrollments will show up in your "People" page of course A or B ... depending on which of the two courses you want all your enrollments to be fed into.  Within your "People" page of your course, you would still be able to distinguish students who are in course A and which students are in course B.  If you are unable to cross-list courses on your own, you will need to speak to your school's local Canvas administrator who should be able to help you with this request.  Also, cross-listing should generally be done before a course starts...and not during.

I hope this will help a bit.  Sing out if you have any questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.