cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kelli_ritter1
Community Participant

Can I move students from one discussion group to another one after they've already posted?

Jump to solution

Our discussion board assignments have groups.  Some groups are more active than other groups.  Is it possible to move students from an inactive group discussion to another group?  Would they still be able to see their old posts?  What if a student replies to their post in the original group discussion?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kelli_ritter1 , I'm pretty sure students would only be able to see the posts for the group they are currently a member for. So if they were switched to a different group, they most likely wouldn't be able to see posts or replies made in their original group discussion.

Kona

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kelli_ritter1 , I'm pretty sure students would only be able to see the posts for the group they are currently a member for. So if they were switched to a different group, they most likely wouldn't be able to see posts or replies made in their original group discussion.

Kona

View solution in original post

sharon_kitching
Community Participant

Agreed. The same thing comes into play for sections. Students who move sections can no longer see their submitted assignments for the previous section. 

kelli_ritter1
Community Participant

Thank you!!