cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nuttacla
Community Member

Can I set a timer for modules to be released on Canvas or do I have to manually publish them?

Jump to solution

I have my content ready in my Canvas site, but I don't want to have to go in each week to publish the modules. Is there a way to schedule this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @nuttacla ...

You can accomplish this by setting an unlock date on when you want modules to open up for your students.  Modules must be published evening though you have locked them until a specific date/time.  Here's the Guide you'll want to follow: How do I lock a module?

I hope this will help, Claire.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this.  Be well, and stay safe!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @nuttacla ...

You can accomplish this by setting an unlock date on when you want modules to open up for your students.  Modules must be published evening though you have locked them until a specific date/time.  Here's the Guide you'll want to follow: How do I lock a module?

I hope this will help, Claire.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this.  Be well, and stay safe!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
nuttacla
Community Member

This is what I tried already! Smiley Sad I know you can publish and then lock the module.  The concern was publishing the pages within the module.  So, for example, I have the Throwback Thursday module.  The module is published because I have an entry under it for May 7, so when I add the May 14 page, I don't want to lock the module so students can't see the May 7th anymore, I just want to make the May 14th not visible until the actual date.  Does that make sense?