cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arambulaa
Community Participant

Can I upload a file to Canvabadges that I have created with a different application instead of using the canvas badge designer editor?

I have created badge designs for my institution using Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator.  These badge designs look amazing and better than what I can create in the Canvabadges design editor.  I was looking for a way to upload my own design into the canvas badge designer editor and cannot find an option to upload a file.  Is this possible or is there a different way I should be awarding custom designed badges created with other productivity tools?  Any advice will be super helpful.

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @arambulaa ‌...

If you watch this video, it shows you how you can add a badge rather than using the design editor.  You'll need to save your own badges on a web server somewhere and then know the location of those saved images.  Canvabadges Walkthrough - YouTube 

Hope this helps, Amelia!

arambulaa
Community Participant

Yes, this is very helpful.  Thank you.  

I was able to custom make and upload my own badges.  I also wanted to make sure the badges appear on user profiles.  I followed the video and got the JS script and upload it to the Theme Editor.  However, I do not see the badges on user profiles. Any idea why it does not work?  Any suggestions or direction where I can find answers will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Hi  @arambulaa ‌...

No...I'm sorry that I don't know why it would not show badges on user profiles.  However, I wanted to let you know that I am going to share your question with someone from Instructure who may be able to shed some more light on things.  Hopefully you will hear from him soon.  Thanks Amelia.

arambulaa
Community Participant

Thank you.  I did find other documentation in the Canvas Community that I was able to use for badges to appear in profiles.  Thank you.