cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kathy_harris
Community Contributor

Can I use AICC Standards in Canvas?

Jump to solution

I am new to Canvas, and I just had a client ask if Canvas uses the AICC Standards. I am unfamiliar with AICC Standards. Does anyone know if Canvas can use AICC or just SCORM?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rledda
Community Champion

Hi @ @kathy_harris 

Canvas is not following AICC standards neither SCORM. But you can track students progress by using SCORM Cloud LTI and you can also import SCORM content as an assignment as mentioned in the previous comment.

Regards,

Rosalie

View solution in original post

3 Replies
travis_thurston
Community Champion

@kathy_harris ​,

From my experience SCORM does work in Canvas, but I haven't seen any documentation on AICC. If you can use SCORM instead, you can use the following resource (How do I import SCORM files as an assignment?​) to import content. Some programs like Articulate and Captivate export in a variety of formats including SCORM, AICC, SWF, MP4, etc. Hopefully your client can work with you on using SCORM for content in Canvas.

Hope that helps.

rledda
Community Champion

Hi @ @kathy_harris 

Canvas is not following AICC standards neither SCORM. But you can track students progress by using SCORM Cloud LTI and you can also import SCORM content as an assignment as mentioned in the previous comment.

Regards,

Rosalie

bdalton_sales
Instructure
Instructure

Canvas DOES support SCORM, 1.2 and 2004 editions 2, 3, 4 to be specific but you will need to get your CSM to enable it.  I would suggest that you will need to test extensively with any SCORM package.