cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hburnette
Community Member

Can I view custom calendar events on the iOS canvas app?

Jump to solution

I have been using custom calendar events on my pic to plan for homework, is it possible to see my personal events on the iOS app?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi hburnette​...

I did a bit of testing in my own Canvas instance and on my iPhone 6 Plus, and I wasn't able to view any personal "Events" that I created in the web interface.  I used this Canvas Guide, How do I add a personal reminder to the Calendar?, to create a personal event to my Calendar, and I assigned it to my user profile (not a specific course).  After I saved the new calendar event, I checked my iPhone app, and it didn't show up...as much as I was hoping it would.  (Using the Guide here: How do I view the Calendar in the Canvas app on my iOS device?)  Then I tried creating an event that was tied to a course to see if that worked, but it didn't.  So, it seems that only course-related things are displaying on the iOS app and not any other custom events.

This is my best, educated guess on this...so if anyone has experienced anything different from what I've found, please feel free to comment.

Also, after searching the Canvas Community, I couldn't find any Feature Idea related to this, so you might want to consider creating one (again, if my theory holds true).  Here is another Guide on this: How do I create a new feature idea?

I hope this helps, Hampton.  Sorry that I don't have better news for you.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi hburnette​...

I did a bit of testing in my own Canvas instance and on my iPhone 6 Plus, and I wasn't able to view any personal "Events" that I created in the web interface.  I used this Canvas Guide, How do I add a personal reminder to the Calendar?, to create a personal event to my Calendar, and I assigned it to my user profile (not a specific course).  After I saved the new calendar event, I checked my iPhone app, and it didn't show up...as much as I was hoping it would.  (Using the Guide here: How do I view the Calendar in the Canvas app on my iOS device?)  Then I tried creating an event that was tied to a course to see if that worked, but it didn't.  So, it seems that only course-related things are displaying on the iOS app and not any other custom events.

This is my best, educated guess on this...so if anyone has experienced anything different from what I've found, please feel free to comment.

Also, after searching the Canvas Community, I couldn't find any Feature Idea related to this, so you might want to consider creating one (again, if my theory holds true).  Here is another Guide on this: How do I create a new feature idea?

I hope this helps, Hampton.  Sorry that I don't have better news for you.

View solution in original post