cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebgibson
Community Member

Can Outlook calendars sync with Canvas calendars?

Jump to solution

I am able to export my Canvas calendar TO Outlook, but can I import or sync FROM my Outlook calendar to Canvas?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattHanes
Community Champion

I believe that Canvas does not currently have the ability to import calendars. But there are some ideas on the idea forum that you can vote on. Outlook can export as an ICS so these ideas should help you as well as those using Google Calendar.

-Matt

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MattHanes
Community Champion

I believe that Canvas does not currently have the ability to import calendars. But there are some ideas on the idea forum that you can vote on. Outlook can export as an ICS so these ideas should help you as well as those using Google Calendar.

-Matt

View solution in original post

ctsang
Community Participant

Have there been any updates to this idea? We would like our academic calendar (add/drop deadlines, financial aid deadlines, etc..) to appear on our student's Canvas calendar. Looking forward to any insight on this matter!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @ctsang ...

I don't believe this functionality yet exists in Canvas.  In searching the Community, I found this existing Feature Idea which seems to be related to your question: Import calendar from ICS file - Instructure Community.  I would encourage you to look over that Feature Idea, possibly give it a star rating, and leave a comment so that Instructure knows why this would be important for you in the Canvas LMS.

Sorry that I don't have better news for you, but I hope this will be of some help for you.

nwilson7
Community Champion

@ctsang you may also want to search this forum for other conversations about this, try "Institional Calendar".  I know some other members have posted some custom code to accomplish this.  I have been following the feature for there to be an Account level calendar.

Account level calendar (and sub-account level cale... - Instructure Community

Here is one thread that might help (there are several others):

Canvas Calendar Institutional Event Creator - Instructure Community

-Nick