cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjohn113
Community Participant

Can images be delivered with the announcement via e-mail?

Jump to solution

Is there a way to make image files inserted into announcements be delivered with the announcement in email?  When I embed screenshots or other image files into announcements, the announcements contain only the text of the announcement and the image files are excluded. 

Any wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Keith

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shar
Community Champion

Hi Keith Johnson,

I'll defer to wiser folks in the community, here's a document by stefaniesanders‌ on How to "email" an announcement to all students 

I tested it out in my sandbox, and attachment in the announcement shows up in email as a link back to the course. But the image embedded in the announcement does not show up at all in email. Formatting of Announcement Notifications  is a feature idea to improve how announcements are formatted and keep the embedded images.

I wish I had more helpful news, but try the technique for Plan B in the document listed above.
Cheers - Shar

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Shar
Community Champion

Hi Keith Johnson,

I'll defer to wiser folks in the community, here's a document by stefaniesanders‌ on How to "email" an announcement to all students 

I tested it out in my sandbox, and attachment in the announcement shows up in email as a link back to the course. But the image embedded in the announcement does not show up at all in email. Formatting of Announcement Notifications  is a feature idea to improve how announcements are formatted and keep the embedded images.

I wish I had more helpful news, but try the technique for Plan B in the document listed above.
Cheers - Shar

View solution in original post

kjohn113
Community Participant

Thank you, Sharmaine.

Unfortunately, the instructions don't say anything about being able to keep images in announcements as they are sent out via e-mail, so the Plan B in the document won't work for that.  When I receive my own announcement via e-mail, it comes through without any images I put in it, so forwarding in e-mail it wouldn't remedy that.  There's a little link to "View announcement" that allows recipients to see the original announcement and its embedded images, but I imagine most students wouldn't bother to click it unless I explicitly tell them to.  It would be helpful to be able to have images reach students' eyes just from opening the email notification, so for now I guess my best bet is to add my upvote to the Feature Idea tally and hope for the best.

Thanks again,

Keith