cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kblunck
Community Member

Can multiple rubrics be used for one assignment?

Jump to solution

In one of our classes, the students have to complete a final capstone project.  This project is two parts:  a paper and a presentation, but are entered into the gradebook as one combined grade.  Each part is graded differently so has a different rubric with a different amount of points.  Is there a way to use both rubics to grade the one assignment with one combined total grade?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @kblunck  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Currently, only one rubric can be attached to any given Assignment in Canvas.  I share your pain and frustration that this isn't possible right now.  You'd need to create two separate assignments and then attach a single rubric to each one.  In searching the Community, I did find the following Feature Idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1988-add-multiple-rubrics-to-one-assignment" modifiedtitle="tr....  As you can see, it's currently open for voting and has several votes.  I would encourage you to vote for this Feature Idea and maybe even add a comment if you feel that it aligns with something you'd like to see developed in the core Canvas product.  I know this might not be the exact answer you were looking for, but I hope it will help, Kelsey.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @kblunck  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Currently, only one rubric can be attached to any given Assignment in Canvas.  I share your pain and frustration that this isn't possible right now.  You'd need to create two separate assignments and then attach a single rubric to each one.  In searching the Community, I did find the following Feature Idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1988-add-multiple-rubrics-to-one-assignment" modifiedtitle="tr....  As you can see, it's currently open for voting and has several votes.  I would encourage you to vote for this Feature Idea and maybe even add a comment if you feel that it aligns with something you'd like to see developed in the core Canvas product.  I know this might not be the exact answer you were looking for, but I hope it will help, Kelsey.

View solution in original post