Can not add quiz to assignment group

Jump to solution
johnsikora
Community Member

Hello,

I am unable to add a quiz to an assignment group as I have in the past. When you click the + button, usually, you can select a quiz from your list of quizzes, but that option no longer works. It wants me to create a quiz. I've done this before. Help!!

0 Likes
3 Solutions
gnoack
Community Champion

I think you might be confusing the Add button in Modules with the Add button in Assignments.  To move an assignment into a group, just drag and drop, or click the three dots at the right of the assignment list and choose "move to". 

View solution in original post

johnsikora
Community Member
Author

Ahhhh I figured it out. Any quizzes that are assigned will appear in your assignments. BUT, if you create a new quiz after you have everything set up, that new quiz will go into whatever the first assignment group is, so you might not even notice that your quiz has been placed in the incorrect assignment group by default. You have to drag it to the correct group. I was trying to use the + button just like the one for modules. You don't have to add it. It's already there, just hiding in another assignment group.

gnoack
Community Champion

Yup. When you create any graded activity (Quiz, discussion, assignment), you have the option to choose what assignment group it goes into on the editing page as you create it. The drop down box defaults to either the first group or it's an alpha list, I'm not sure.