Can one access Canvas Courses overseas?

Jump to solution
benjaminangelbu
Community Novice

I will be leaving the country for 11 days and was wondering if I can access my Canvas Courses overseas? 

3 Solutions
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi  @benjaminangelbu  Welcome to the Canvas Community! Yes, you can access your Canvas courses anywhere decent internet service is available. Are you a student? If you are, I'd recommend that you set your time zone in your profile to correspond with the local time zone of wherever you find yourself at the moment; that way, the due dates and times in your courses will adjust to local time and you won't inadvertently miss a deadline. For instructions on how to do that, please refer to https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10622-4212717410 

View solution in original post

Robbie_Grant
Community Champion

@benjaminangelbu ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

Hi!

With the Canvas Student, Canvas Teacher, and Canvas Parent apps, you can get push notifications that are customized to your preferences. I find them to be very helpful and actually rely on them more than I do the email notifications for the important alerts.

Which role do you have in Canvas? Have you looked at the app? After you install, you can customize your settings for email and devices:

How do I manage my Canvas notification settings as a student?