cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbramwell
Community Member

Can students answer questions in quizzes by graphing?

Jump to solution

Is there a way to add an extension that would allow students to submit graphs as quiz responses that will automatically grade? 

Ex:

Question: Graph the line y=2x-5

Answer: Students actually interacting with a graph where they can plot points, draw lines, etc. 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for coming and posting your question here in the community.  I believe the short answer to your questions is "No."  The idea is submitted as a feature suggestion periodically but as far as I know hasn't ever garnered sufficient votes in order to move along through the feature idea prioritization process.  Various plug-in or partner tools have been discussed but I do not know of an actual solution at this time.  Hopefully someone will contradict me on this...  Smiley Happy 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for coming and posting your question here in the community.  I believe the short answer to your questions is "No."  The idea is submitted as a feature suggestion periodically but as far as I know hasn't ever garnered sufficient votes in order to move along through the feature idea prioritization process.  Various plug-in or partner tools have been discussed but I do not know of an actual solution at this time.  Hopefully someone will contradict me on this...  Smiley Happy 

View solution in original post

I would love to have a way for students to plot points to create a graph.  Can we please add this feature?

Berquam
Community Member

As of right now, I'm completely virtual, teaching middle school math.  This means I'm not collecting paper, which means I have no way of assessing students in graphing.  As for resources I've used the closest I'd feel comfortable with is GeoGebra.  Unfortunately, GeoGebra is only an external resource in Canvas.  The quickest way Canvas or GeoGebra could come up with a solution, that I could think of, for this is to embed GeoGebra into quizzes and then have the submission be a screen grab from the GeoGebra graph the students create.  Depending on the question, limit features in GeoGebra to build the graph by points, from a table, or an equation.